Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

1.10.13

Bones 2



Last year I backed my first Kickstarter. It was for a few plastic miniatures, for table top role-playing games. The Reaper Miniatures 'Bones' Kickstarter, aimed to raise enough funds to create the first moulds for their new budget 'plastics' range; to compliment their wonderful, traditional metal range... and it did- Almost 3.5 Million of it's original $30000 Pledge!

I never mentioned the original Kickstarter because of it's niche appeal but after receiving over 200 beautifully sculpted miniatures for a mere $125 for the basic box set (I may or may not have purchased a few 'extras') I thought I should mention that Reaper has just announced Bones 2 (delivery Sept 2014).

So whether you channel your creative juices through RPGs or you're a rabid hobby painter you would do well to pledge a few dollars... or more god help me!

And with 15 minutes on the clock it was at $100,000!


No comments:

Post a Comment